The grandeur, simplicity, and freshness of the 2,500-year-old tradition of Buddhism are reflected in this collection of writings intended as a primer for newcomers to the subject as well as a reference for those familiar with Buddhism.
The selections include:
- The story of the Buddha's life.
- A concise historical background.
- Key writings of Theravada, Mahayana, Zen, and Tibetan Buddhism.
- Meditation instructions.
- A Buddhist explanation of reincarnation.
- Simple explanations of terms.
- A pictorial survey of Buddhist art and architecture.