You have the capacity to live
in emotional balance.
Bo Forbes, a longtime clinical psychologist, yoga therapist, yoga teacher,
and author, shows you how in this innovative online course.
NOTE: Additional discounts do not apply. This course is hosted by Instructure.com's Canvas, an online educational system. Once you purchase the course here on our site, you will receive an e-mail from Instructure.com with a link to log in to the course. If you already have an account with Canvas, log in at shambhala.instructure.com to access the course after purchasing your registration here.
This course launches on April 14. Enrollment closes on June 26. This course is designed for you to go at your own pace. After purchasing, you will have access to the course for six months.
Anxiety, depression, and chronic stress aren’t just biochemical imbalances or genetic legacies; they’re mind-body patterns. Once wired in place, these patterns make you miserable and short-circuit your potential. Luckily, your body has its own bio-available technology for transformation—and this course will help you access and use this technology with intelligence.
Join Bo Forbes, a leading innovator in the field of mind-body medicine and author of Yoga for Emotional Balance, as she presents an integrative approach to healing anxiety, depression, and chronic stress through powerful, easy-to-use tools from yoga, mindfulness, and psychology. She’ll show you how to connect with the wisdom of your body and cultivate lasting, positive change in your emotional patterns.
- Cutting-edge information from emerging research in neuroscience that tells us the most effective methods for mindfulness and yoga practice
- Essential therapeutic tools for creating change in your mind-body network, which includes the nervous system, enteric nervous system (or “belly brain”), immune system, mental body, emotional regions of the brain, and more
- The “3 T’s” of Emergency Yoga: Tiny, Two-Minute Tools that bolster your stress resilience and help you stay balanced in the midst of challenging emotional situations
- Longer practices to rewire your patterns, including breathing exercises, postural adjustments, mindful “asana” practice, restorative yoga postures, and other user-friendly tools to help you retrain your mind and body with compassion
- The five primary interventions for balancing anxiety and lifting depression
- Guidelines for designing your own therapeutic yoga practice from the ground up—or adding therapeutic elements to your existing practice
The therapeutic practices you’ll learn through this course will help you balance your nervous system, quiet your mind, befriend your body, and regulate your emotions. You will create the building blocks for lasting, sustainable change. More than just a course, this is a curriculum for personal growth. This life-changing curriculum will help you inhabit your vulnerable inner experience with awareness, chart your new path with curiosity and playfulness, and build your personal blueprint for optimal health.
Participants in this course will receive the following:
- A digital PDF edition of Yoga for Emotional Balance: Simple Practices to Help Relieve Anxiety and Depression, by Bo Forbes
- Six 90-minute video lessons plus one 90-minute video yoga class, all available to download or stream
- Class transcripts so that you can review the lessons in detail
- Self-assessment questions to test your understanding of the material
- Three hour-long LIVE teleconferences with Bo Forbes at 7:30 p.m. EDT on April 30, May 21, and June 4. Recordings will be made available if you are unable to attend the live sessions.
- The opportunity to participate in facilitated discussion forums with other online learners around the globe
- A wide range of supplemental resources, including cutting-edge information from the fields of affective neuroscience, medicine, and psychology, as well as writings by Bo, to guide your practice and integration
- Access to all course materials for six months
- Optional: Professional therapists, social workers, and yoga teachers may choose to earn Continuing Education credits for taking this course. For more information about earning CE credits, click here.
- Optional: You may choose to participate in a research study with Bo Forbes and Norman Farb, whose groundbreaking work is also featured in this course. They will examine the direct benefits of this course on your levels of mindfulness, body awareness, anxiety, and depression.
Early enrollment discount!
Sign up before April 10: $375
Before April 17: $405
Full price: $430
We recommend that you have at least a beginner’s yoga practice to get the most benefit from this course. The course will also be of benefit to longtime yoga practitioners, yoga teachers, aspiring yoga teachers, psychotherapists, and body workers.
This course will begin on April 14. Enrollment will close on June 26.
More about Bo Forbes:
Bo Forbes, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist, yoga teacher, and integrative yoga therapist whose background includes training in biopsychology, behavioral medicine, and stress management. She is the founder of Integrative Yoga Therapeutics, a system that specializes in the therapeutic application of yoga for anxiety, insomnia, depression, immune disorders, chronic pain, and physical injuries. Forbes conducts teacher trainings and workshops internationally and writes frequently for magazines such as Yoga Journal, Body + Soul, and the International Journal of Yoga Therapy. She is also on the advisory board of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. For more information, visit her online at boforbes.com. You can also follow her and learn more about her teachings on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
“Taking Bo’s online course has been an incredible experience on a personal and professional level. I feel like I've been introduced to a whole new world of possibilities. Bo’s course has helped me be an observer of my thoughts which allows me to step aside from my personal drama. As a result, I am learning to become more aware of what’s really happening in my mind and body, instead of immediately attaching a meaning to an experience. I now find that it’s more helpful to focus on the present moment and not worry about the ‘what-ifs.’ This is just one example of the many tools that I have learned along the way. I truly feel that my life is richer from all that I have learned from Bo. I am very grateful that I have had this opportunity.“—Judi Eskovitz, Vienna, Virginia
“Having read Bo’s book Yoga for Emotional Balance and then registering for the online Integrative Yoga course has been singularly the most important decision for me in terms of enhancing my work with people who suffer from addictions. Bo’s lucid style is remarkable. Anyone considering taking this special online course will be truly amazed.”—Ron McDougal, Kitimat, British Colombia
“One of my favorite things about Bo’s approach is that she helps us to trust ourselves. She has a lot of experience and know-how when it comes to understanding her students and the nature of their suffering—both physical and emotional. Yet her approach is ultimately about helping people understand themselves better and trust in the knowledge and abilities they already have in their own ‘learning laboratory’. Somehow her confidence in this gives us the freedom and confidence to try it ourselves. Bo’s an expert at helping others feel grounded and liberated at the same time. I find it’s just what I need to continue along my own path.”—Sarah Kennedy, Houston, Texas
“Anxiety and depression have been a part of my life since I was very young. Logic tells me that these emotions are unfounded but knowing this is not enough to stop the pattern from recurring. Through Bo Forbes’s online course, I am learning how to change the way I approach my anxiety. New positive patterns of behavior have emerged through the knowledge and tools that Bo has so eloquently and succinctly laid out before me. As she builds the foundation of her techniques and weaves them together in a comprehensive way, I am experiencing the deeper visceral results of turning inward to release the physical patterns that harbor the embodied anxiety. From here, I am creating new and positive behavioral patterns that allow me to experience the natural happiness and blessings in my life.
This is not a quick fix or a one-session wonder. Life is constantly presenting times that challenge our ability to experience and learn from life changes. Bo Forbes’s approach to finding emotional balance is an attainable, sustainable, and continuing practice that helps anyone to find a sense of joy and acceptance in all aspects of life. I highly recommend this course to every person wanting to find freedom from the chains of anxiety and depression.”—Cathy Ness, Barrie, Ontario
“I started Bo’s course as a way for me to develop my teaching skills , surprisingly it has turned to also be the start of a new approach in my own personal journey of transformation. Understanding that we have the ability to change on all levels of our mind body network was truly inspiring. The course helped me realize that developing awareness is key to change. Awareness can help us recognise negative patterns that lead to anxiety, depression and low self esteem. I now know that what we feel we are experiencing emotionally is not just mind- or body-based, and if we can practice noticing patterns and accepting them in a non-judgmental way we can begin to tune in to the very subtle messages that the mind-body network gives us. We can then use one or some of what Bo calls therapeutic interventions or tools to help the healing of the whole mind-body network.
Bo's approach seems to me both simple and logical. It is accessible to anyone, doesn’t require much previous yoga experience, and it need not take hours of practice. I now see change as a continual work in progress. The best bit—it’s empowering! This embodied awareness is an opportunity to develop our self-study which is an opening for our own personal evolution.”—Gail Smith, London, England