Every item is a little sweeter when it’s made with materials that are just right, and the soft, warm, and durable nature of wool felt makes it the perfect material for the little ones in your life. The twenty-five felted projects in this book—from soft play mats and warm wool vests to snuggly teddy bears and cozy baby booties—will add a touch of warm and fuzzy delight to your baby’s life.
Using just two easy techniques—wet felting and needle felting—you can easily transform raw wool into innumerable objects that will please your baby’s senses and last as your child grows. Clear step-by-step instruction and detailed diagrams make felting easy for beginners, while the unique projects and beautiful color photographs will inspire all crafters.
Make the projects in this book and add a touch of warmth to your nursery, crib, playroom, and beyond.Projects include:
- woolen baby booties—a practical and lovely item any baby will need,
- flying bluebirds mobile—a classic gift that both babies and parents will appreciate,
- musical clatter balls—a safe toy that will entertain for hours,
- warm bottle cover—to help insulate baby’s bottle,
- mama’s bag—a capacious holder for diapers, cell phones, and lunch.
News & Reviews
Soft Flower Vase
Wrapping an ordinary glass flower vase in felt gives it a distinctive and contemporary feel. After all, green goes well with wool, which comes from sheep that graze in green meadows. And with its felt covering, this vase won’t break if it falls over