Senior Iyengar Yoga teacher Bobby Clennell brings decades of yoga study and teaching experience to The Woman’s Yoga Book. She offers a comprehensive program of asana (yoga poses) and pranayama (breathing exercises) designed to support menstrual health from menarche to menopause, along with nutritional and lifestyle information for those times off the yoga mat.
Yoga sequences are given for each phase of the menstrual cycle:
- premenstrual: poses to stabilize
- menstruation: poses to restore
- postmenstrual: poses to rebalance
- on through to ovulation: poses to strengthen
In addition, The Woman’s Yoga Book offers sequences for:
- PMS, irritability, tension, and moodswings
- migraine headaches
- bloating and breast tenderness
- cramps and lower back pain
- heavy bleeding
- scanty periods
- absence of menstruation
- irregular periods
A former professional animator, Bobby has usede her skill in rendering over 700 illustrations that teach right along with her text. Best of all, she encourages women to embrace the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being that comes from practicing women’s yoga. Begin the journey—now!