New! Companion DVD now available. For information, click here.
This book offers a new sense of empowerment for the intimate partners of people living with serious health problems. Collinge draws on cutting-edge scientific research along with his experience counseling couples facing serious illness to offer a range of insights, strategies, and techniques that caregivers can utilize to promote their partners’ physical and emotional well-being—while also promoting their own.
- The importance of self-care for the caring partner
- Ways of involving family and friends in a network of support
- Simple massage and touch techniques to bring comfort and reduce symptoms
- How open, affirmative communication can contribute to healing
- Basic energy-healing techniques to promote well-being
News & Reviews
“A bible for caregivers. Honest, straightforward, and very practical. I recommend it to everyone who is caring for a partner or spouse.”—Christiane Northrup, MD
“Dr. Collinge has written a book that touches upon the true essence of caregiving. This is an important book for caregivers on enhancing their own well-being as well as learning how to better become partners in healing.”—Gary E. Barg, editor-in-chief, caregiver.com
“Anyone wanting a practical guide to supporting health and wholeness in a loved one will be delighted by this book. We are currently in something of a golden age in healing research, of which Dr. William Collinge is an excellent guide.”—Larry Dossey, MD