A Free Gift from Shambhala Publications
Enter your e-mail address to subscribe to our e-mail list and to receive a free download of The Mindfulness Sampler eBook.
The Mindfulness Sampler
Shambhala Authors on the Power of Awareness in Daily Life
How can life be lived fully? Our culture bombards us every day with suggested answers: Buy this, do that, then you’ll be satisfied. But what really works? A new approach has been growing in popularity—though it’s not really new at all—and it offers a solution that is startling in its simplicity: Just be present where you are, moment by moment. No tricks, no secrets, no special requirements. This is the message of mindfulness.
As a way of introducing readers to the mindfulness movement and its contemporary practice, Shambhala Publications is pleased to offer this short eBook of teachings by some of the movement’s most acclaimed teachers, including:
- Thich Nhat Hanh on how to live happily and without struggle
- Jack Kornfield on fearlessness and freedom
- Pema Chödrön on mindfulness as a practice of nonviolence
- Jan Chozen Bays, MD, on the physical and psychological benefits of mindfulness, with practical exercises
- Chögyam Trungpa on getting in touch with our state of mind through meditation practice
- David Richo on how mindfulness can improve our emotions and relationships
- Michael Carroll with advice for practicing mindfulness on the job
- Eline Snel on parenting with relaxed awareness and raising mindful kids
- Lawrence A. Peltz, MD, on mindfulness as an antidote to addiction
- and Susan Gillis Chapman on key elements of mindful communication
For more than four decades, Shambhala Publications has been publishing books for enlightened living. We specialize in the areas of Mindful Living, Buddhism, Yoga, Health and Well-Being, and Personal Growth, among many others. Once you subscribe to our e-mail list, you will have the opportunity to manage your preferences to receive e-mails only on the subjects you care about.
Already a subscriber? Just enter your e-mail address above, and you'll be able to download your free eBook. (Don't worry—you won't get duplicate e-mails from us.)