There have been many fad diets over the years, but few have put us in touch with the real root of our cravings. There’s nothing bad about being hungry. We all need to eat. But often, through the many distractions of life, we develop unconscious habits that alienate us from the basic enjoyment of food—and leave us feeling empty, no matter how much we eat. Dr. Jan Bays here presents a new approach to food that puts us back in touch with our bodies and minds, liberating us from the things that falsely promise us fulfillment and re-teaching us the inherent joy of eating. Whether you are overweight, suffer from an eating disorder, or are just looking for a healthier way of life, Mindful Eating offers simple and remarkably effective tools that can make a real difference.
With numerous exercises and guided meditations, Bays demonstrates the essential benefits of mindfulness practice and teaches you to:
- Tune in to your body’s natural wisdom about what, when, and how much to eat
- Become attentive to the tastes, smells, thoughts, and feelings that arise during a meal
- Identify your habits and patterns with food
- Develop a more compassionate attitude toward your struggles with eating
- And discover what you’re really hungry for
6 CDs. 6 ¼ hours