The Treasury of Precious Instructions or Dam-ngak Rinpoché Dzö is one of Jamgön Kongtrul’s Five Treasuries, his major collections of writing. It is considered one of the most important contributions to Tibetan literature and a further statement of Jamgön Kongtrul's non-sectarian values. This Treasury contains the collected transmissions and esoteric instructions of the eight principal practice lineages of Tibetan Buddhism, which trace their lineages back to India. These eight lineages of accomplishment (one model of classifying the practice traditions of Tibet) are encompassed in 18 volumes. This collection was compiled in roughly chronological order as the traditions developed:
• Nyingma - Two Volumes
• Kadampa Tradition - Two Volumes
• Sakya Path & Result - Two Volumes
• Marpa Kagyu - Four Volumes
• Shangpa Kagyu - Two Volumes
• Pacification & Severance - Two Volumes
• Kalacakra & Orgyen Nyendrup - One Volume
• Miscellaneous Teachings - Two Volumes
• Jonang Tradition & Catalog - One Volume
We are publishing the volumes nonsequentially and releases will spread out over the next few years.
Translating the Tibetan
While not focused exclusively on the Treasury, this session preceded the workshop and touches on the work repeatedly. This will be of interest for any pracittioner, not just translators.