CREATING TRUST AND PARTNERSHIP IN THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY
How can our conversations with students, faculty and families reflect our greatest aspirations for education? How do we navigate tense moments with other adults in the education system while staying connected to our deepest values?
During this interactive workshop, you will learn practical skills to communicate with faculty, parents and administrators during your work day and in challenging moments. Mindful Schools’ program staff Oren Jay Sofer will share tools to increase your ability to develop relationships of trust and cooperation, to speak with kindness without sacrificing clarity or effectiveness, and to build true partnership in the school community.
Join Oren for this transformative training, based on a combination of mindfulness practice and the internationally recognized system of Nonviolent Communication.
Learn tools to:
- Deescalate hostility and aggression
- Identify and express one’s needs in non-blaming ways with parents and faculty
- Describe student behavior in neutral terms, reducing defensiveness from parents
- Build trust and collaboration through listening and empathic reflection
- Address unspoken tension and differences in a conflict-avoidant work environment
- Make requests of colleagues and administrators for cooperation and support
- Set limits with care with parents and faculty in a way that honors self and other
Sliding Scale $25-$60