|The following article is from the Autumn, 1988 issue of the Snow Lion Newsletter and is for historical reference only. You can see this in context of the original newsletter here.|
Gaden Tenzin Ling (GTL) was a Tibetan Buddhist Center in Ithaca, New York. Though the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York is a bit off the beaten path, GTL was honored by visits from many prominent teachers of Tibetan Buddhism, and brought students from as far away as Michigan and Florida.
Since winter 1987, GTL teachers included:
- H.H. Ganden Tri Rinpoche, head of the Gelugpa sect gave the Chenrezig initiation
- Ven. Thupten Pende taught on the vajra body and heat yoga
- Dr. Alex Berzin taught on Buddhist tantra
- Ven. Tara Tulku Rinpoche gave the Yamantaka initiation and a week of special teachings
- Prof. Jeffrey Hopkins taught on Deity Yoga
- Dr. Lobsang Rapgay gave Medicine Buddha teachings
- Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen taught on compassion
- Ven. Zasep Tulku Rinpoche taught from Atisha's Lamp for the Path to Enlightenment and conducted a Yamantaka retreat
All of the events were successful and well attended.
Zasep Rinpoche of Toronto was the director of GTL, and came for teachings and retreats several times a year. On November 19 and 20, 1988, he was scheduled for a weekend of Shamatha and Chenrezig meditation, to which all were invited.
For updated information contact: