|The following article is from the Autumn, 1988 issue of the Snow Lion Newsletter and is for historical reference only. You can see this in context of the original newsletter here.|
Gaden Tenzin Ling (GTL) is a Tibetan Buddhist Center in Ithaca, New York. Though the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York is a bit off the beaten path, GTL has been honored by visits from many prominent teachers of Tibetan Buddhism, and has drawn students from as far away as Michigan and Florida.
Since last winter at GTL:
- H.H. Ganden Tri Rinpoche gave the Chenrezig initiation
- Ven. Thupten Pende taught on the vajra body and heat yoga
- Alex Berzin taught on Buddhist tantra
- Tara Tulku Rinpoche gave the Yamantaka initiation and a week of special teachings
- Jeffrey Hopkins taught on Deity Yoga
- Dr. Rapgay gave Medicine Buddha teachings
- Geshe Tsultrim Gyaltsen taught on compassion
- Zasep Tulku Rinpoche taught from Atisha's Lamp for the Path to Enlightenment and conducted a Yamantaka retreat
All of the events were successful and well attended.
Zasep Rinpoche of Toronto is the director of GTL, and comes for teachings and retreats several times a year. His next scheduled visit is November 19 and 20, for a weekend of Shamatha and Chenrezig meditation, to which all are invited.
For more information:
For Gaden Tenzin Ling (GTL), you can write to:
Gaden Tenzin Ling
P.O. Box 6761
Ithaca, NY 14851
Or you can call:
(607) 273-8506 days
(607) 564-9005 evenings