The Essence of Buddhism
This eBook is available from the following online stores
$16.95DetailsThis comprehensive guide to the Buddhist path from the Tibetan point of view is as accessible as it is complete. Traleg Kyabgon breaks the teachings down conveniently into the three traditional “vehicles,” while never letting us forget that the point of all the Dharma is nothing other than insight into the mind and heart. Along the way he provides vivid definitions of fundamental Buddhist concepts such as compassion, emptiness, and Buddha-nature and answers common questions such as:
News & Reviews
- Why does Buddhism teach that there is “no self”?
- Are Buddhist teachings pessimistic?
- Does Buddhism encourage social passivity?
- What is the role of sex in Buddhist tantra?
- Why is it said that samsara is nirvana?
- Does it take countless lifetimes to attain enlightenment, or can it be achieved in a moment?
"Although this book is immense in its scope, [Traleg Kyabgon] Rinpoche never allows us to lose sight of the key point and ultimate meaning of all the Buddha's teachings: that it is possible to get to the root of suffering and to bring about lasting happiness for ourselves and others; and that the only way to do this is to work with, understand, tame, and transform our mind." —Sogyal Rinpoche, author of The Tibetan Book of Living and DyingReader Reviews