The Essence of Buddhism
- Why does Buddhism teach that there is “no self”?
- Are Buddhist teachings pessimistic?
- Does Buddhism encourage social passivity?
- What is the role of sex in Buddhist tantra?
- Why is it said that samsara is nirvana?
- Does it take countless lifetimes to attain enlightenment, or can it be achieved in a moment?
"Although this book is immense in its scope, [Traleg Kyabgon] Rinpoche never allows us to lose sight of the key point and ultimate meaning of all the Buddha's teachings: that it is possible to get to the root of suffering and to bring about lasting happiness for ourselves and others; and that the only way to do this is to work with, understand, tame, and transform our mind." —Sogyal Rinpoche, author of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying