Rediscover a healthy and joyful relationship with food.
Mindful Eating: An Online Course with Jan Chozen Bays, MD
If you’ve ever wished you could just relax and enjoy eating—free from the anxiety and guilt that unfortunately too often surround it—try applying mindfulness. In this course you’ll learn the proven methods developed by Dr. Jan Chozen Bays for bringing mindful awareness to self-nourishment. They’re simple practices that will enable you to establish a happy and healthy relationship with food, liberating you from calorie-counting, overindulging, falling for food fads, and from worrying that you’re not eating like you should. You already know how you should eat, she teaches. It’s simply a matter of discovering that inherent wisdom through mindfulness.
This interactive six-week course will serve as your guide and support in rediscovering a healthy and joyful relationship with food. Drawing on recent research and integrating her experiences as a physician and Zen teacher, Dr. Bays offers a clear presentation of what mindfulness is and how it can help with food and eating issues. Whether you’re overweight, suffer from an eating disorder, or just want to get more out of life, this course offers simple tools that can make a remarkable difference.
In this course you’ll learn how to:
- Assess what Dr. Bays calls “the eight hungers” and understand how they influence your eating patterns
- Tune into your body’s own wisdom about what, when, and how much to eat—which will lead you to a greater sense of satisfaction with every meal
- Develop a more compassionate attitude toward your relationship with food
- Deepen your understanding of how childhood conditioning affects the way we relate to food
- Nourish the heart and discover what you’re really hungry for
This course includes:
- Six 20-30 minute downloadable video lessons, taught by Dr. Bays
- Three live conference calls with Dr. Bays, which will take place on September 14 at 5 p.m., September 29 at 8 p.m., and October 8 at 8 p.m. (Eastern Time). (Recordings will be made available after the calls.)
- Six downloadable audio recordings to help guide you in the practices of mindful eating
- Weekly exercises for you to try at home to help you integrate the teachings into your daily life
- Integration forums where you can share your insights and challenges with fellow online learners and receive the support of the community
- The eBook of Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food by Dr. Bays
- Weekly guided reading assignments from Mindful Eating and other resources
- Access to all course materials until March 4, 2015
This course will begin on September 4, 2014.
Course registration will close on September 30, 2014.
Continuing Education units are available for this course. For more information, click here.
Early enrollment discount!
Sign up before Aug 14: $129
Before Aug 28: $149
Full price: $189