Relax your body, build deep core strength, and find new ease of movement in your practice with Yoga: Critical Alignment.
As a serious student or teacher of yoga, you may have a strong, vigorous physical practice, but is it optimized for your body and mind? The key to a sustainable yoga practice is to target alignment and strength at the most fundamental level—the skeleton. This cultivates ease and flow in not only the body but also in your mental and emotional health—invigorating your practice and restoring balance on and off the mat.
In Yoga: Critical Alignment, asana, anatomy, and yoga philosophy are blended together to create core stability in the body with innumerable benefits. You’ll learn to:
- Identify unconscious habitual patterns, and see how these habits become sources of pain, stress, and even injury.
- Interrupt habitual patterns from the inside out, linking the body and mind through asana, pranayama, and meditation.
- Enhance the body’s mobility and deepen body awareness.
- Refine inversions, standing postures, forward bends, backbends, twists, and seated postures through precise, subtle physiological adjustments.
- Plan vigorous, intuitive sequences for a home practice or in a teaching environment.
Illustrations of more than 75 traditional yoga postures show subtle alignment details that you can integrate into your personal practice: Iyengar, Ashtanga, vinyasa, and more.