Say What You Mean
We spend so much of our lives talking to each other, but how often are we simply running on automatic—relying on old habits and hoping for the best? Are we able to truly hear others and speak our mind in a clear and kind way, without needing to get defensive or go on the attack? In this groundbreaking synthesis of mindfulness, somatics, and Nonviolent Communication, Oren Jay Sofer offers simple yet powerful practices to develop healthy, effective, and satisfying ways of communicating.
The techniques in Say What You Mean will help you to:
- Feel confident during conversation
- Stay focused on what really matters in an interaction
- Listen for the authentic concerns behind someone’s words
- Reduce anxiety before and during difficult conversations
- Find nourishment in day-to-day interactions