You’ve been doing yoga for years. It’s an integral part of the way you live, move, and breathe. And now you’re having a baby. If you’re like most women, your body probably feels foreign, your mind a bit cloudy, and your once-solid practice confusing as you move through pregnancy and birthing into motherhood.
Yoga Mama can help. A perfect companion for any woman who wants to continue her yoga practice during her pregnancy and on into motherhood, Yoga Mama will show her how to connect more deeply to her experience and prepare her for her journey—physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Grounded in both ancient wisdom and contemporary knowledge, Yoga Mama covers each trimester, labor and birth, and the postpartum years. Through practice, self-reflection, and learning how to let go, yoga gives women the tools they need to be active, informed participants in the birthing of their babies and, equally important, healthy, happy parents.
- Flowing sequences that emphasize self-awareness and promote strength, flexibility, and balance
- Modifications that accommodate a pregnant woman's growing belly, recalibrate her balance, and honor fluctuations in her energy levels
- Asana, pranayama, and meditation practices designed to deeply connect mama and baby from the beginning of pregnancy through the postpartum years
- Mini-sequences for specific trimester challenges: morning sickness, fatigue, anxiety, low-back issues, and more
- Contributions from Jane Austin, Elena Brower, Sarah Buckley, Kate Hanley, Dustienne Miller, Stephanie Snyder, De West, Melissa Williams, and Margi Young